Cobra HH-45WX Handheld Modification
5-3/4" H x 2-1/2" W x 1-3/8" D
Quick Manufacturer Specs (scroll down to see all
- Handheld CB Radio Transceiver with 40 Channels & 10 Weather Channels: Complete access
to all 40 Citizen & 10 National weather channels ( 7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full
coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go.
- Instant Channel 9 & 19: Direct access to emergency channel 9 or information channel
- Key Lock: Locks all buttons preventing accidental actuation.
- Eight Memory Locations: Instant access to eight user selectable channels.
- High \ Low Power Switch: Reduces power output to 1 watt to extend battery life.
- Flexible Antenna: Low profile flexible / high performance antenna design.
- Dual Watch and full channel Scan. Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two
channels. Full channel scan allows you to scan all 40 channels with the push of a button.
- Snap on Rechargeable Battery System: Allows convenient replacement and charging of
batteries. Six "AA" alkaline or rechargeable "AA" NiCad batteries can be used. (Batteries not
- Battery Low Indicator: Informs user batteries need replacing.
- Battery saver circuitry: Reduces power consumption and extends battery life.
- Full 4 Watt Power Capability: FCC Maximum 4 watts output with 12 volt DC vehicle power cord
- BNC connector: Allows quick disconnect to remove or exchange antenna.
- Speaker/Microphone Jack: Allows connection of an optional lapel speaker/ microphone.
- Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter w/ 5ft cord: Allows unit to be powered from a vehicle or
- Belt Clip, Wrist Strap, FCC rules, Owners Manual, and 6 Cell battery cartridge
- Environmentally Friendly Packaging: Packaging is recyclable and contains no foam.
- 2 Year Cobra Warranty. Full coverage for two years from date of purchase.
Cobra HH-45WX Mod:
Disclaimer: The literature below is for informational purposes only and are deemed illegal in many countries.
All 10 meter and export CB radio mods, adjustments, tune-ups, channel/frequency expansions, modulation, power
adjustments are related modifications are also done at the users risk and we assume no liability.
- Remove Antenna
- Remove Battery
- Remove 3 screws on the back side of main body, and one screw from wrist strap area.
- Remove 3 screws from bottom of the main body where the battery is connected.
Note that when the screw by the spring loaded tab is being removed, hold the TAB
so that spring loaded inside of the TAB is not allowed to spring off to some unfound place.
- Remove the TAB and the Spring.
- Hold rear housing and remove the front housing gently.
- Add small jumper wire as shown on attached drawing.
- Short C-506 as shown on attached drawing for 2 seconds to rest the CPU.
- Reassemble the radio.
Click Here to link to another sites mod information on this radio.