Cherokee CM-10 Modification
Cherokee CM-10 CB Radio Transceiver
*Disclaimer: The literature below is for informational purposes only and are deemed illegal in many countries. All
10 meter and export CB radio mods, adjustments, tune-ups, channel/frequency expansions, modulation, power
adjustments are related modifications are also done at the users risk and we assume no liability.
- Remove the bottom cover
- Directly behind the M1 button, locate the two capacitors on the front panel that are not soldered in
- Using a very fine tip solder iron attach the two .1uf caps to the pads as shown in the drawing below.
- Power up the radio and you will now see a band select function above the M2 button.
- There are 15 bands of 40 channels each.
- A, B, C, D, E, -A, -B, -C, -D, -E, +A, +B, +C, +D, +E
Newest version that is still modifiable.
*Note* The CM-10 + is not modifiable.
Remove the bottom cover
Directly between the Audio transformer and the front mounted controller board locate the jumper points labeled
A & B..
Using a very fine tip solder iron Place a solder blob on these points.
Reset the Microprocessor by shorting the "RESET" Pads, just right of the microprocessor.
Power up the radio and you will now see a band select function above the M2 button.
There are 15 bands of 40 channels each.
A, B, C, D, E, -A, -B, -C, -D, -E, +A, +B, +C, +D, +E
This Pix below shows a Transceiver with the Solder jumpers at A and B already added.
After the Jumpers are placed at A & B find the round RESET point to the right of the
Microprocessor and short them togther. This will activate the modification. I have had
more than one occurance that has taken a couple of resets to get the Microprocessor to
take on the new configuration.
AM Power= VR502 (On the circuit board it's just labeled 502)
Modulation Adjust= VR103 (Same as the above, just labeled 103)