FC-390 Frequency Counter Modification
- You must accept responsibiliity for any losses that may occur
from the use of any of the information contained on this site.
- Any modifications that you do - are done at your own risk
- The modifications page is for educational purposes only, many
of the examples are illegal in most countries!
FC-390 Frequency Counter
Using the FC-390 frequency counter on the Texas Ranger TR-296, Cobra 148 (any version),
or Uniden Grant XL or LT series requires one modification.
- Remove the four (4) screws holding the top and bottom case together.
- Seperate top and bottom plastic covers, exposing internal metal
- Carefully remove the top metal cover from case. This will expose the component side
of the pc board.
- Find JP1 - located to the right and below the crystal.
- Carefully solder a buss jumper between the top and bottom holes, as shown in yellow
in the below photo.
- Re-assemble counter, and follow installation instructions supplied with
Installation Wiring Diagram for Texas Ranger TR-296 or 148-GTL
Foil Side View
Click to view full size Here